Fruit Juice Matters

Science and health information on 100% fruit juice.

There’s more to 100% fruit juice than its refreshing taste.
Fruit Juice Matters is brought to you by AIJN (the European Fruit Juice Association). Our mission is to share the science behind 100% fruit juice and celebrate its goodness.
Study the research demonstrating the health benefits of fruit juice and see why world-renowned experts believe 100% fruit juice is good for health and a tasty and convenient way to fit a serving of fruit into our diets.

*For example, 100% orange juice is a source of vitamin C which helps reduce tiredness and fatigue


Science, juice, and health

The heart of Fruit Juice Matters is to supply balanced, credible information about 100% fruit juice that is backed by science. If research findings are misinterpreted or ignored, it can lead to conflicting information for consumers and health care professionals.

more info

What's in 100% fruit juice?

100% fruit juice is simply fruit that has been juiced. It naturally contains around 10% sugars while the remaining 90% is made up of water, vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients – all of which come straight from the whole fruit.

More info

Juice in your diet

Wondering how 100% fruit juice could have a place in the diet?

Check out our information to sort fact from fiction

From farm to glass

It’s important to know where our food and drink comes from. 100% fruit juice comes straight from whole fruit and according to EU and national fruit juice legislation it can never contain any added sugar.

More info

Juice fact

Most people in Europe do not eat enough fruit and vegetables. 100% fruit juice is a convenient way to increase fruit intake and support good health. 

Tell me more



The Scientific Expert Panel has a new member!

Read more

Sustainable healthy diets: An impression from the International Congress of Dietetics 2016

Read more


Need more information?

Head to our contact page to get in touch with the team at Fruit Juice Matters.

Contact us